Be a part of a program that has a history grounded in success and affecting positive change. Our graduate MSW program is well established and has been accredited for over a decade by the Council of Social Work Education (CSWE). You will be engaged in an integrative curriculum, which emphasizes your critical thinking skills and promotes a global perspective, preparing you for advanced generalist practice. In our program, you will gain competencies to sustain a versatile and meaningful career. When you graduate from our program, you will be eligible to sit for state examinations, certification and licensure. You can also opt to take courses applicable toward certification in drug and alcohol.
We have two info sessions per year. Please check our page regularly to sign up to learn more about our social work program.
- Our MSW program offers a part-time or full-time plan in completing your degree.
- Regular Standing Program – 58 credit hour option for individuals with Bachelor’s degrees other than social work.
- Advanced Standing Program – 34 credit hour option for individuals with BSW/BSSW degrees from CSWE accredited universities.
- Classes meet primarily on alternating weekends and on Friday evenings and/or Saturdays, allowing you to work during the day.
Our program is a recipient of two HRSA-sponsored grants:
- a $1 million federal grant that provides a large number of students with 50 percent tuition scholarships.
- a $1.15 million federal grant that provides stipend support to students who complete final practicums in primary care settings serving vulnerable and medically underserved populations.
Social work strives to bring about social justice, peace, compassion, and wellness. Our graduates are employed in an array of settings, such as:
- advocacy organizations
- social service agencies
They practice in varied roles, such as:
- administrator clinician/therapist
- policy analyst
- community organizer
- case manager