Earn your DNP online and change the world of healthcareBroaden the possibilities for change with a post-master's Doctor of Nursing Practice from Spalding University. This practice-based, terminal degree, will advance your previously completed training as a master's prepared nurse or advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) and equip you to improve healthcare systems and health outcomes for individuals and populations. The skills you'll cultivate in this program will allow you to translate, apply and evaluate new nursing science into your nursing administrative, academic, informatics or clinical practice. You'll collaborate with other disciplines in the healthcare system to provide innovative, evidence-based interventions that can impact policy. It's your time stand out as an influential leader in healthcare. Learn more.
Find success and fulfill a critical role in healthcare with Spalding’s DNP. With the support of our program, you’ll:
- Achieve advanced competencies for increasingly complex practice, faculty, leadership, informatics, and policy roles within the profession of nursing and the broader scope of healthcare.
- Utilize nursing leadership knowledge to improve patient care outcomes with a complex, multifaceted healthcare environment.
- Impact healthcare policy through initiation, navigation and advocacy for future healthcare initiatives to influence the health of individuals, communities, and populations.
- Engage in collaborative processes to initiate, integrate and evaluate evidence-based practices to support the translation of science to patient care.
This program is open but not limited to master’s prepared nurses, APRNs, nurse midwives, nurse anesthetists, clinical nurse specialists, system-scope executives, educational leaders, nursing informaticists and nursing quality and policy specialists.
Each course pairs online learning with precepted practice hours that can be completed in your home locale or locale of choice. Our DNP program offers:
- A convenient, user-friendly online format
- Eight-week sessions
- No additional fees
- 30 credit hours of core DNP coursework (see our course curriculum)
- 6 hours of specialty emphasis in advanced clinical practice and policy, informatics, executive leadership or academic leadership
As a graduate of Spalding’s DNP program, you are prepared for success in a variety of leadership roles and settings within a dynamic, complex, healthcare continuum.
The DNP is a degree which offers many career paths in today’s healthcare market including:
- Advanced nursing practice
- Executive and professional leadership
- Nursing education faculty
- Leadership roles in healthcare policy, quality and informatics
Read about Spalding’s mission-focused approach to learning
At Spalding, we are a diverse community of learners out to change the world. Our graduates serve at every organizational level. We have health and service professionals on the ground changing lives, business leaders transforming teams, and social movers and shakers affecting change. Through our university mission, we’ve made a commitment to fixing what is broken. On the highest level, we work to create solutions and ignite conversations focused on peace, justice and compassion. On a small scale, we put compassion into action through service to individuals and communities. As an online DNP student, we hope that you will join our movement to make a difference in the lives of others.