About Digital MediaIntegrating art and technology, this program is more than relevant – it is crucial to today’s increasingly digital environment. Students use photography, video, web, sound, programming, game design, animation technologies, and new forms of media yet to be discovered. Always in a state of enhancement, this program prepares students for creative, critical thinking with sophisticated use of technology.
Choose to enrich your study with one of two concentrations:
This mental health profession uses art-making to improve and enhance physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Focusing on client-based projects for the student’s future portfolio, this concentration develops skills in character design and thoughtful narratives.
- Develop your creative process in studio space available to you starting your freshman year
- Take classes in our innovative six-week block schedule that encourages immersive, focused learning and promotes healthy work/life balance
- Study with full-time faculty members who are accomplished, practicing artists for unparalleled mentorship
- Benefit from a three-credit hour professional internship in your junior year
- Gain experiential learning through faculty-led student trips to cities such as Indianapolis, Chicago, New York and Cincinnati
Our graduates are not only practicing artists; they are marketable professionals. You will be equipped to begin a career in the arts, such as studio art, galleries, or curatorial jobs, or a more direct path will be in the applied arts, art education, or art therapy. Other settings include:
- Public Art Organizations
- Historical Societies / Sites
- Marketing / Advertising Agencies
- Film / Television Studios
- Software Firms
If you’re interested in further study, both art education and art therapy require graduate study; our BFA program will provide you the skills necessary to enter those high-level degree programs.
About the BFA in Studio Art
The Bachelor of Fine Arts, or BFA, is a four-year professional degree. One-third of your degree will focus on the liberal arts and general education and the other two-thirds is dedicated to studio art. This provides you with an integrated learning experience in both an academic and studio setting.
Foundation courses provide you with intensive instruction in the fundamentals of art and design. You will take foundation courses in your first year and will experiment across media and investigate creativity through various disciplines, gaining skills to apply to your area of study.