The post-professional Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) track at Spalding University will prepare you to advance as a skilled OT or as a leader in the field of occupational therapy. This 30-credit-hour track is designed for licensed occupational therapy practitioners who are looking to progress to the doctoral level and is offered exclusively online. Through advanced study in our post-professional OTD program, you’ll sharpen your clinical, research and evidence-based practice skills and be prepared for administration, leadership and program and policy development.
- 30 credit hours
- Online format
- 4 trimesters + self-directed capstone
- Option to complete the program in 12 months
- Enter the program at the start of any trimester throughout the academic year.
- Choose your course sequence with our flexible program of study.
- Engage in active inquiry, critical thinking, and reflective practice.
- Enhance your professional goals and excite your interests with a self-directed, evidence-based practice capstone.
As a practitioner and doctoral student, you’ll be set up for success. You’ll take one online course per trimester (13 weeks), allowing you to dedicate yourself to your studies without sacrificing your career. We’ll guide you through the program with a unit-by-unit breakdown of course content. Your online learning will include:
- Instructor-led discussions
- Virtual interaction between students
- Audio and video materials
- Readings and quizzes
If you are an employee of Kindred RehabilitationServices or RehabCare, you are eligible for a discount on tuition for Spalding’s post-professional OTD, which is authorized in all states but one (sorry, California). For more information about the discount, please reach out to your employer.