The concentration in sports management equips students with the framework for managing in major, minor, collegiate, recreational, high school, and youth levels and encompasses concepts in events, facilities, sponsorships, tourism, promotion, as well as legal and ethical issues specific to sports. The program integrates essential business courses to offer a practical foundation for careers in all levels of sports, or with sports marketing firms, sports agencies, and other sports organizations. As a graduate of this concentration, you will be skilled in:
- Utilizing best practices and industry standards relating to leadership in a sports setting.
- Applying strong critical thinking, decision-making, presentation, and writing skills.
- Understanding and applying business fundamentals to the management of sports organizations.
- Articulating an ethical personal leadership philosophy for compliance with sports law and other management challenges specific to the field of sports.
- Effectively organizing, interpreting, and presenting new information in sports.
View and download the sports management concentration program sheet (PDF).