The concentration in human resource management (HRM) prepares professionals to advance their careers in the field of human resources. Along with essential business topics, this concentration emphasizes the strategic role that human resource professionals play in the performance of all organizations, providing students with the knowledge and skills needed to be effective HR leaders. As a graduate of this concentration, you’ll be skilled in:
- Assessing and developing employee training that meets the needs of the organization.
- Utilizing best practices and industry standards relating to leadership and management across multiple industries and settings.
- Applying strong critical thinking, decision-making, presentation, and writing skills.
- Operationalizing compensation and benefits that align with organizational goals.
- Developing and implementing plans for talent performance and management, as well as strategies for effective recruiting.
- Demonstrating an ethical leadership philosophy that addresses the challenges of a diverse and multicultural workforce.
Download the human resource management program sheet (PDF).