April 6, 2020
Dear Spalding Students,
Please know that the university recognizes that during this uncertain time created by COVID-19, you may have difficulties making payments to your tuition account. As we approach the start of registration for Fall 2020 classes, please review the following information and the steps we are taking to assist students.
General information and reminders
- Registration for Fall 2020 classes begins April 13.
- Please check your balance on your Spalding portal by clicking on the dollar sign on the right side of the page and reviewing your billing statement.
- Balances $500 and under have a hold that restricts transcripts, but you can still register.
- Historically, balances over $500 restrict registration, but review the information below for a new policy on receiving a waiver.
- If you are able to make a payment at this time please do so by clicking on the dollar sign on the right side of your Spalding portal. Payments made using electronic funds transfer and entering your bank account are free.
Updated payment plan and waiver information:
- As in prior terms, if you set up a payment plan and stay current, you will be in good standing and be able to register. Payment plans charge a $35 fee by our payment plan vendor, Official Payments. That must be paid in order for the plan to be active. However, to help during these trying times, Spalding has chosen to add a $35 credit to your account to offset the fee. Students are able to set up payment plans by clicking on the payment plan link on the right side of your portal.
- Please know, if you do set up a payment plan, and are unable to keep timely payments, we will work with you and waive any late payments fees you may receive. You are also able to make partial monthly payments through Official Payments.
- If you are unable to make a payment or set up a payment plan at this time, Spalding will give all students who were in good financial standing before the start of spring, a waiver with the following conditions:
- Account balances under $2,500 can register.
- Account to be paid in full by the end of the Fall 2020 term on Jan. 15, 2021.
If you feel like your situation is unique or extraordinary, please contact the Bursar or the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
We want to do everything we can to keep you on track to complete your academic goals during this unprecedented time for our campus and our country. Never hesitate to contact the Bursar and Financial Aid Office with your questions.
Michelle Standridge, Financial Aid Director
Sarah West, Bursar